User-agent: * Disallow: /
Heya beanie,
I know how you feel.
I think I'm in the same situation right now. I need research or something to show that I have experience or something of that sort.
And my GPA sucks royally.
So I have leadership experience, and all this jazz but i really cant prove that i know what i know.. bcuz of my gpa.
*sigh*
and the career fair is tomr... *cries*
and I'll probably be the only engineer without a intern or co-op.
I think i know how you feel... to be down and out and there doesn't seem like if there will ever be a break.
but you gotta hold on and keep going. well that's what i tell myself everyday atleast
By Monologist, at 4:18 PM
Thanks Monologist,
I needed to hear that!
Yeah I feel ya...my gpa really sucks right now as well and it doesn't look like it'll be improving anytime soon...I wish that med schools didn't make cut offs based on simply gpa and mcat scores. It's not comprehensive enough. It doesn't say anything about how good of a doctor I or anyone else would be. The system sucks.
But anyway, try to look at the bright side of things. Hopefully something will work out for both of us.
aww its ok, dont worry. sometimes you have good days and sometimes you have bad days. you are really smart dont doubt yourself, you are in one of the top colleges in the world. and sometimes you know GPA isnt everything, pple with really low gpas have ended up with better jobs than those with a 4.0. so just hang in there and dont stress
PI
By , at 3:43 AM
you should try DO schools too - btw im in the same boat. good firms just don't hire ppl with gpa's below 3.6.
By , at 1:06 PM
Yeah I know!
Just cutting it off on a gpa isn't right. I think trying other things will help though.
Try to get research, keep on looking. email professors in your dept, they always have something to do.
and that's about all the advice i can give you.
3.6? I dont think i can ever get a 3.6 even if i got 4.0s all semesters.
but work on the mcat though, you know atleast you'll have one "number" in your favour.
By Monologist, at 5:43 PM
http://www.glamour.com/main/pollsandcontests/050912top10collegewomen
There is a girl there that goes to my school.
Can you guess her?
She's wearing a scarf.
I thought of you when I saw her
By Monologist, at 10:02 PM
Asalaam alaikum,
Bean, I'm in the same boat. Looking for work and going to interviews. One place I went to said I did really well, but they are re-evaluating their positions to see if they need to hire anyone, duh. And just other similiar stuff. Its frustrating. Just have trust in Allah (SWT).
salaam alaikum! first, ramadan mubarak - may Allah swt accept your fasts and ours.. inshallah we'll all make the best of it.
keep working hard and maintaing your career path as long as you feel it to be the right one. The gpa cutoff affecting grad school/employment is true across all fields but is especially harsh with med schools. the worst (and most clear) pre-med moment of mine happened when my school's premed advisor pulled out this horrid chart of med school acceptance rates based on GPA and MCAT. I went there for advice, not to be shot in the foot.
but anyway, you're right - the scores say nothing about how caring of a doctor you'll be, or how intuitive you'll be with understanding symptoms. but that's how it is for now.. meantime, listen to ayan's suggestion - DO schools are slightly more accepting and you'll proably find them to have a philosophy more in line with yours than traditional MD schools.