[ Wednesday, April 27, 2005 ]
Heav[ier] MetalI got my
nose pierced last August and recently decided I wanted to put a "real" ring in my nose (i.e. a hoop). Unfortunately, I couldn't find a thin, small hoop without a ball attached to it. Last weekend, I finally found a place that had one and bought the smallest size. I saved $5 by putting it in myself, which made me happy…After all, I can buy 4 cookies from Mrs. Field's Cookies with that amount!
So it's great having a hoop in my nose now. I have to admit that I look somewhat fobby with hijab. Without hijab, though, I look like a rocker, which suits me fine. Cuz yeah, I'm a rocker on the inside, didn't you know?
Lately though, I've started wondering if it's getting the wrong type of attention. Like from random guys. Take today, for instance: As I was talking to Sis H, a guy seriously stared at me to the point that his eyes remained locked on my face and his head remained turning towards me as he walked past us. "Oh my God. Stare a little harder, why don't you?" I said quietly under my breath. Maybe I should have yelled at him, but that really doesn't make Muslims look good. If that were the only case today, I wouldn't be as disturbed. It's not as bad as when fobby Desis stare, but it's still annoying. And it's not that I wasn't properly covered, either. Guys are just lame.
Sis M and I contemplated methods to keep guys from staring at us:
Bean: yeah :-\ guys are so not cool
Bean: they stare so much
M: omg i know
M: geez
Bean: too bad that we dont have special powers
Bean: where we can electrocute them every time they stared
M: i know geez, or a knife.
Bean: then they really would look down!
M: lollll
Bean: and hey, guys already think hijabis are intimidating or scary
M: hahahaha
Bean: so lets really give them something to worry about
Bean: that'll show em!
M: lol let them know there is something under the hijab.
Bean: like what?
Bean: daggers?
M: yes.
M: daggers.
Bean: snakes?
Bean: like medusa?
M: or if ur like me, a chainsaw.
Bean: wow
Bean: now that would be something
So watch out world. I am now armed!
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment