[ Saturday, December 04, 2004 ]
Banquet Plans
With the Eid Banquet this Sunday (Our MSA is running a little behind), another sis and I have been trying to organize something special for all the volunteers who spend at least an hour a week tabling on Sproul Plaza, doing dawah on a regular basis. Tabling can be fun and rewarding, but it has its difficult moments as well, expecially when there are too many heavy things to carry and back-to-back events which require fliering. Labeled the most successfully run committee of the MSA, it's important to recognize the effort of all the students who table regularly and keep everything running so smoothly. We decided to make certificates, present a humorous powerpoint presentation on tabling moments, and to give each tabler a complimentary meal from Julie's cafe (the halal cafe that hosts Ramadan iftars and where Muslims meet regularly for lunch after Jummahs). I emailed the "Tabling Advisor"/Treasurer of the board, asking if complimentary lunches are within the MSA budget. He responded that he "thinks it's do-able," but without saying whether or not he'd take care of it. I emailed him back asking if, as Treasurer, he's take care of it. His emailed response was: "Well...I can't make the decision unilaterally - I dont work for the White House." I'm like, "Uhhhhhhh, ok." I mean, his email was either: (1) rude; (2)unprofessional; (3)an attempt to make a joke; or (3) useless and told me nothing. Maybe all of the above. I just laughed. With responses like that, what else can you do? I ended up talking to the MSA president and after he discussed it with board members, they approved it.
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment