User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Thursday, August 05, 2004 ]

 

Shahadah and Wedding

Last Jummah was really touching. After salah, a brother said his shahadah and then married one of the sisters. I usually see them every week at Jummah. Shaykh Yassir asked the brother three times if he wanted to marry the sister, and each time he replied with an enthusiastic, "Yes!" The sister then affirmed thrice that she wanted to marry him. She was crying from being so happy. They recited Imani Mufassal together, and then everyone congratulated them and gave them hugs. Subhan Allah, they left the masjid as husband and wife, crying, grinning, and holding hands. A new beginning in more than one way. It brought tears to my eyes. It was such a sweet scene.

Despite my smile and tears, a part of me could not help but be saddened. Then, more than ever, I wanted him to be there to witness such a beautiful scene. Maybe it would've moved him as well.

Insha Allah khair. I find out tomorrow. Duas would be appreciated.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment