User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Wednesday, June 02, 2004 ]

 

"Think I'm gonna stay home/Have myself a homelife/Sittin' in the slow-mo/And listenin' to the daylight"

I'm enjoying my break. I think I'm finally finding that balance between family time and active life, which is great because I feel like I'm using my time more wisely. And I'm trying to focus even more in salah to be aware of what I'm saying.

My mom and I have started hiking together every day for about an hour at Shell Ridge Open Space, near our house. Alhamdulillah, not only is it great exercise, it gives us a chance to bond more. Not to mention we get to reflect upon the beauty of Allah's (SWT) creation. We hold hands the whole time. We just started this week and insha Allah we can continue it.

My dad took the day off from work today. He had a couple of meetings in the morning and then he just came home to relax. Since we didn't have a chance to go out and have lunch together as we had planned to, he promised to take me out for some ice cream or dessert. We ended up going to Sweet Affair Bakery and sat munching on a chocolate brownie and white chocolate chip cookies. Although we didn't have much time together, we got to catch up on his new business plans. He made my day by telling me earlier that although he really craved coffee, he didn't stop at the only nearby coffee shop-Starbucks-because he didn't want to disappoint me. YES! Starbucks is an evil corporation!

Yesterday I spent the day with my sis, my cousin, and friends at UC Davis. I didn't last through the class lectures for long; no surprise there. I had a lot of fun though. Lunch was great (yummy avocado and cheese sandwhich!) and I enjoyed talking about hijab with my cousin and Bro H. I always enjoy talking about Islam with them. We had dinner at Lampost Pizza since some of the proceeds were going to the MSA. Insha Allah I'll be going back on Friday to the end of year MSA BBQ. Insha Allah it should be entertaining.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment