[ Tuesday, June 22, 2004 ]
In case you were wondering…
I love Zaytuna.
Alhamdulillah I've gone over a year of not listening to the radio, nor being tempted to.
My favorite Pakistani dessert is Ras Malai.
I go crazy at the art store.
I think I need to fast more often.
I like listening to music from all over the world. Although I don't speak their languages, I can still feel the singers' emotions loud and clear throughout each song.
I always pray for a pure heart and intentions.
I eat samosas just for the flaky outside.
Babies are beautiful.
I love wearing flips flops, partly because I no longer feel self conscious about being short.
I trust too much.
I think hijab makes one look so incredibly beautiful…the sort of pure beauty that shines from one's soul.
I enjoy running through sprinklers.
Pistachio nut instant jell-o pudding taste great, once "shaken violently."
I have spiritual dreams with shuyukh in them, so much so that I end up feeling a personal connection to them.
I'm usually broke as a joke.
At one time, I wanted to be a fashion designer.
I think I'm Arab on the inside.
Sometimes I think I'm being gullible and naïve, yet I still give people the benefit of the doubt because I know that I would want the same.
I can't dance, and can't say that I really feel like I'm missing out much.
Despite my moaning and groaning, I actually really enjoy teaching Sunday School. I miss those crazy, cute kids!
I like walking barefoot through sand.
Halaqa keeps me going every week. Alhamdulillah, such sincere sisterhood is a blessing.
I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced with a tiny stud.
I feel inspired by converts like Bro S and Bro H, who don't take Islam for granted. I love Bro S's courage to practice a faith that would seem like the antithesis of the one he was raised upon. I love Bro H's enthusiasm and love for Islam.
I slouch. A lot.
Mangos and Pineapples are yummy.
I've been mistaken as Palestinian, Egyptian, Persian, Afghan, Bengali, Italian, and Mexican.
I like surma/kohl.
I like simple, elegant clothes.
I miss playing frisbee, foosball, and badminton.
I love listening to all sorts of nasheeds.
Sometimes I embarrass myself by saying the dumbest things, but then I just laugh and get over it.
I pray for a select group of people multiple times daily.
My bed (and whole room for that matter) is covered with layers of clothing and bags, yet I manage to find whatever I need.
I like scratching cats under their chins because they love it.
I like silver jewelry.
I love friends with whom I can sit and laugh for hours until my tummy aches and I have tears in my eyes.
I hate writing papers at the last minute, but it inevitably happens.
I am addicted to chocolate. No surprise there.
I love swinging through the air at the park.
I don’t believe in ethnic, racial, tribal, and national differences among Muslims. We're all one Ummah with the same basic faith. I do, however, believe that our diversity strengthens and beautifies us.
I think long fingernails are gross. Especially fake, pointy ones.
I like the fragrant scent of candles and incense.
I love Chinese food, but often eat more of it than I can handle at one time.
I like feeling the mist of the ocean on my face.
I act as if I have control over my life, my decisions, my character, but the reality is that only Allah (SWT) does, and the sooner I can truly accept that, the better.
I like the soothing calmness of blue and lavender.
I often make wrong decisions and then wonder if I'm being true to myself.
I love talking to people about Islam.
At one time, I wanted to be an interior decorator.
I'm so ticklish that I scream when people simply point at me.
I participate in demonstrations and go to rallies because I believe it's the least I can do.
I don't have a lot of patience, especially not with ignorance.
Gelato Classico ice cream is just simply delicious!
I love the vibrant spirit in the colors red and orange.
Helium balloons are fun.
I sleep with my feet poking out from under the comforter.
I'm known as the cookie baker. Break-and-bake cookie dough does wonders.
I think deers are graceful and beautiful.
I have fun iceskating despite the two-year old pros that whiz around me as I fall, laughing, on the hard ice.
I like sunny, breezy days.
I'm the youngest of my family. Some would say that automatically means that I am spoiled, but in reality it means that I get the most lectures.
I feel as if I've been drained of all my creative writing skills, and it's going to take a lot of effort to get it back and improve upon it.
I wish I could swim.
I cook very spicy food, which is ironic considering I can't handle it myself.
Monkeys are cute.
I love eucalyptus trees because they remind me of my childhood and Pakistan.
I usually fiddle around with my hijab when I am nervous.
I love Islamic Arabic calligraphy and artwork.
I miss Pakistan, especially since it's been five years since I last visited. At the same time, I'm afraid to visit since many of the ones I loved have since past away, and times have changed.
I like the smell of Bath & Bodyworks peony lotion.
I feel and cry just as much as the next person. Maybe more so.
I drive way too fast. I'm an "aggressive" driver. I think part of the reason why is because my first semi real driving experience was in a race car at Scandia. But alhamdulillah, no speeding tickets so far.
If I had been a boy, I totally would've been a hat person.
I love painting, sketching, photography, and writing poems.
I think too much.
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment