[ Sunday, March 14, 2004 ]
Sunday School Ramblings: Part 3
Idrees (to me): "You don't know what's cool! You're not a boy!
Me: "Well, I'm not
that old!
Idrees: "So! You're practically a mom!"
Me: "What! I'm not even married yet! How can I be a mom?"
Idrees: "You know what you should do? Why don't you bump into someone at the grocery store and then say, 'sorry,' and then marry him?"
Me:
Brilliant. Riiiiiggghhhhht.
Later:
Idrees: "When I get married, I'm not going to take care of kids. I'm going to be a lazy bum…sit on the couch and watch t.v. all day."
~*~
Shayan: "So when it's your birthday, you become a dad…Just like that!"
~*~
Aneesa: "So once on t.v. I saw two girls kissing…"
Me:
Ya Allah, please help me to deal with this the right way and know how to respond.
~*~
Apaji (watching Idrees color a picture of a map): "You should go to that little island."
Idrees: "Why?"
Apaji: "So you can tell me all about it."
Idrees: "Why can't you go?"
Apaji: "Maybe I
will and take you with me. You want to go?"
Idrees: "No!"
Apaji: "Well, I'll just take Maha."
Later:
Idrees: "I want to go to CandyIsland."
Maha: "Can I go?"
Shayan: "No! Only boys can go!"
Apaji: "Fine, we're just going to have to make our own ice cream cake island!"
Maha: "Yeah, and we're going to a
thousand islands!"
Idrees: "Well we're going to
fourteen hundred islands!"
~*~
Idrees (as he's coloring): "I got a mustache...I got a mustache…I got a mustache…mustache…mustache!"
Me:
I hope he's that excited about having a beard when he grows up!
~*~
Idrees (to me): "You know, I ran all around our house with my dad ten times, and you didn't even come!"
Me: "Well, you didn't invite me."
Idrees: "I don't know where you live."
Apaji: "You should ask us."
Idrees (misunderstanding): "Chicago?"
Maha: "Did you know Chicago's not even a state?"
~*~
Idrees (to Shayan): "Why'd you help her?"
Apaji: "Because he's a nice brother."
Idrees (doubtful): "Brother?"
Apaji: "Yes, we're all brothers and sisters in Islam. You're my brother in Islam."
Idrees: "I am
not your brother!"
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment