[ Sunday, January 11, 2004 ]
Update on My Life:
I've really been enjoying seeing
my lovely cousin so often lately. I love you woahman!
My Seherieher went back to school at UPenn on the East Coast...I couldn't stop hugging and saying goodbye to her when I last saw her on Friday. I just didn't want her to leave. I felt like one of those mothers when they're having to let go of their first-borns.
Last night,
the older sis and I went to The Evening of Gratitude dinner...It was a tribute dinner for Imam Siraj Wahhaj and fundraiser for Masjid at-Taqwa. I loved the speeches and especially Shaykh Murtadha's moving nasheed and Imam Qasim Khan's poem about Imam Siraj. There were about 800 people (It was packed!) and we raised $50K...not bad, alhamdulillah. It felt like a huge family reunion. A brother converted. West Coast rocks!
Sunday School started again today after a long winter break. The kids are way too funny! I had really missed them.
I have about a week left until I go back to college. I'm so NOT looking forward to it. I'm feeling very broke already, and I haven't even bought books! Another heavy load, here I come!
I still am working with "the event." I somehow managed to commit myself to working on the MSA West conference as well. And there's also another Islamic film project going on that I'm thinking about helping with because it sounds interesting and the sister leading it is really sweet.
Well, here's the next bit of the outline:
The Lives of Man: The Second Life (Dunya): Youth
III. Youth
Begins at the onset of puberty
Stage when energy is abundant and strength is continually increasing
• Stage most suited for winning rewards, doing good works, and avoiding sins and reprehensible acts
• Hazardous stage when people are inclined toward worldly desires, and prefer immediate pleasures to decent actions and observings
Hadith: Among the seven that God will shade is a “young man who grew up in the service of God.”
Hadith: “Seize [the opportunity to make use of] five [things] before five [other things catch up with you]: your youth before you grow old, your health before you fall sick, your leisure before you are occupied, your wealth before you grow poor, and your life before you die.”
Youth is a time when acquiring merit, knowledge, and attaining positions of religious leadership and eminence are possible.
Next Post: The Lives of Man: The Second Life (Dunya): Maturity
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment