User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Sunday, December 21, 2003 ]

 

Hijabis on ice!

The Zaytuna conference was awesome as usual! I took a lot of notes and plan to post them online insha Allah...It'll take a while though, so I'm saving the highlights of the lectures for the next post.

Alhamdulillah for awesome company at the conference! I gave and received lots of hugs. Some of those sisters I hadn't seen in a year! We got to see our halaqa crew after a whole two weeks as well; I had been really missing them!

Alhamdulillah, we also got to see our "event" crew after two months...It's crazy because for people who have such a special place in my heart, I hardly see them at all. Hehe, as soon as we saw those brothers, they gave us huge smiles and salaams. It's amazing what a smile can do in terms of opening up hearts and expressing ourselves...I guess that's why it's sunnah! I really missed those brothers...Masha Allah they're one of a kind and subhanAllah, just being around them makes me feel better. I pray for them every day.

Today at halaqa, we discussed the Zaytuna lectures as well as the Lord of the Rings trilogy and all its connections to Islam...crazy combo I know, but alhamdulillah it was really interesting. Afterwards, six of us crammed into one car and went iceskating! Only a couple of us actually knew how to iceskate so the rest of us held on for dear life! I fell down so many times that I'm really feeling those bruises, but alhamdulillah it was so much fun that the pain really doesn't matter...Hehehe, I bet I won't even be able to get out of bed in the morning though! Alhamdulillah we had so much fun...and I think we have enough crazy photos and memories to last us a while! And we were blasting the Sami Yusuf cd the whole way. Masha Allah such hilarious sisters; I love them to pieces! I don't think I've laughed that much in one day in a long time.

And tomorrow...Insha Allah I'll finally get to see one of my favorite people since she's back from the East Coast!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment