User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Tuesday, November 11, 2003 ]

 

As salaam u alaikum

Thank you all for your awesome comments on my last post�They honestly mean a lot. And man, I�m always in need of extra duas, so any and all duas definitely help!

Alhamdulillah, I�m doing ok�I didn�t mean to alarm anyone. The other day, I was just thinking about stuff and wondering if it�s ever possible to get beyond things. In the past, what helped me to be in a better state was some counseling and especially my writing�I still have my old journals, although I don�t like to look at them much because they bring back intense emotions and memories that I sometimes wish I could completely erase.

I guess my "path to recovery," as cliched as that sounds, began when I started living day by day. I had to train myself to ignore all the negative voices in my head, and instead focus on the positive things in life. I had to learn to like myself, despite my many weaknesses. I had to get out of my negative cycle and to find another outlet to my feelings. And I had to learn to hope�and to have faith in Allah.

Alhamdulillah, I have so much to be grateful for�especially the gift of each new day. Alhamdulillah for Islam! Alhamdulillah for my family, even if at times it seems like we�re disunited. Alhamdulillah for all the people that love me and are patient with me. Alhamdulillah for my health, energy, and the new opportunities that each day brings. Alhamdulillah for the sunshine and for the air that I breathe.

Alhamdulillah.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment