User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Tuesday, October 28, 2003 ]

 

The Hilarious Multi-Lingual Conversations in Our Family

[Note: I decided to bake a few cookies to keep me company while I stayed up late studying for my math midterm (of course, I ended up falling asleep). You should all be proud of me--they weren't chocolate chip cookies! Anyway, I left a couple of them for my sis on the cookie sheet, figuring she'd wake up from her nap and get hungry while studying.]

This morning at Suhur:

Ummy: ah na, me fazree vikniyaan tha cookian nang munangi stove ni uthi pai ai! Unnan fir main appi kajin!
Daddy: Shukuri unnan kajinni. That's some X-rated cookies!

Translation:
Ummy: Yeah, this morning I saw those cookies lying uncovered/naked on the stove! I had to cover them up myself!
Daddy: Yeah, good thing you covered them. That's some X-rated cookies!

Ok, ok, so maybe it's not that funny if you weren't there or you don't understand Hindko. Can't blame me for trying!

Anyway, I just got back from a meeting with my MCB professor. We were supposed to be talking about my paper, and instead I spent most of the time telling him all about Ramadan. In turn, he told me a little bit about Lent.

I also went to drop-in Letters & Sciences counseling to see if I can drop my math class...no such luck. I'm basically stuck with it. My math midterm is tomorrow morning and I am so not ready for it! I'm going to fail! Oh wait, I already am.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment