[ Thursday, October 30, 2003 ]
Dreaming of a Better Day
Last night, I had another dream with Shaykh Hamza in it. The one before that was about two weeks ago. This is like the 5th time I've had a dream with Shaykh Hamza in it (the ones I remember, at least). The sister who leads our halaqas said that having dreams with Shuyukh or Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in them are a blessing. My dreams usually have to do with family or Islam/spirituality, and I can remember them unless I'm waken up abruptly. I found the dream section in our psychology class to be so interesting. I miss keeping my dream journal, even though it took a lot of time. Maybe I'll go back to it now.
It wasn't until we went grocery shopping this weekend that I looked around and noticed bags of candy on sale. Despite the pumpkins outside the store, it took me a moment to remember that Halloween is coming up. Alhamdulillah, it was just not on my mind...I've been so focused on Ramadan instead.
The sign in the women's restroom on the 4th floor of MLK says, "No bathing." I can't help but laugh and wonder if whoever placed the sign there had wudu in mind. A few days of making wudu in the public restrooms has ridden me of any embarrassment of it. I don't like taking my hijab off (even around other sisters) and I used to get embarrassed making wudu in the bathroom, especially while washing my feet. Now I just don't care what people think. Hey, it might just be a conversation starter...another opportunity to do dawah.
And yup. I really failed that math midterm--even with the curve. And today's my longest and hardest day of the week. Not feeling so great, but that's not new. Thursdays are always hard. Dude, I so want out of Berkeley and college. I wish I could just graduate and get out of here. It's messing me up.
I wish I could just live at Zaytuna and always have Islam on my mind. That would be the life!
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment