User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Tuesday, September 23, 2003 ]

 

Wow.

I had really wanted to blog about the event, but I think it's a bit personal, so I won't. Plus, things aren't really over yet. Alhamdulillah it was great! Just take my word for it! We had way over 850 people and there were even three conversions. Everyone was really psyched about it and they enjoyed themselves. Alhamdulillah I don't even know how we pulled it off so well (granted there is room for improvements). Insha Allah I'll write an article on it soon and then I might post it...then again, I probably won't b/c it'll have people's names in it and I want to respect their privacy. Man, now I can understand why Faiza didn't want to blog anymore...You really do have to pick and choose what to write.

After the event ended, I felt kind of sad b/c after working so closely together, I doubt that any of us brothers and sisters (except obviously Apaji and I) will really keep in touch. Like we won't have any reasons to unless they're related to the event. Not that that's a bad thing, but it still makes me feel sad. Alhamdulillah it's been great working w/ all the brothers. They're not obnoxious and they really do care about everyone's well-being. I know this is kind of an archaic term but they're real gentlemen. Hehe, it sounds funny even to type it! I used to always be so nervous around them, but now I think I've finally learned how to relax. We always remain modest around each other and guard our intentions. After hanging around some of the brothers though, I've come to realize that they can be just as goofy and fun to be around as sisters. Some people think that guys are always immature anyway, but I guess you have to know this group of brothers to really understand my surprise. Masha Allah they're always struggling to increase in their iman; may Allah (SWT) bless them and their families.

Well, school basically sucks right now. Last night I found out that I got a 64% on my chem midterm--the one I studied so hard for and thought that I might get a B on. Yep. Even after going to tutoring twice a week for two hours. Tomorrow is my calculus midterm. I used to tutor calculus and now I'm the one who has to be tutored. I've totally swallowed my pride though...I need all the help I can get. I work so hard though and it just doesn't pay off. I stay up late to barely finish my homework, and then I fall asleep in math discussion and sometimes the lectures. And I hardly have time to eat so I already lost at least a pound. And I have had a cold for the past two weeks...Ok, now I'm done complaining.

Our regular chem professor wasn't here yetsterday so the other prof. gave the lecture. He gives powerpoint presentations and it's possible to print out his handouts ahead of time and to just make notes on them during his lectures. It makes it easier to listen to and comprehend what he's saying, rather than scrambling to copy every letter off the board. This prof isn't taht funny, but he laughs at his own jokes and his laughter is so funny that everyone ends up laughing. He reminds me of "Bill Nye the Science Guy" (Bill! Bill!). Hehehe. If you didn't see his videos back in 7th grade, you probably have no clue what I'm talking about. This prof acts out the chemistry for us. He literally will pretend to be a wave. Yesterday he played a clip from one of Ahhhnold's movies (Predator?) to show us UV light...there was no volume so he ended up doing all the sound effects for us. He also listens to Greenday. He played the song for us and before we could get over that, he flipped to a slide where he had changed the lyrics to fit the chemistry lectures...then he proceeded to sing it to us! Bill! Bill! Hehehe.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment