User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Wednesday, September 24, 2003 ]

 

Still Psyched & Lovin' It!

Alhamdulillah I still can't get over the event. Event thought it has ending, we've still got some work to do, and that's really ok with me. Now that it's over, I really don't want it to be. I want to continue to feel like I'm part of a team, to feel close to all the brothers and sisters who helped out, to get psyched out from the event, and to feel like I'm actually making a difference somehow. I actually miss all the excitement and craziness associated with organizing the event. Insha Allah I'll keep in touch with all the other organizers because man, it'll be so sad if we just don't really even check up on each other until next year's event. To go from being so tight to just...well, nothing...would be so bleh.

I was talking to one of my friends who helped out at the event and she told me that she absolutely loved it and that she's still so psyched from it. She said that she remembered what all the speakers said and that today, when one of her teachers said something negative about Islam, she talked to the teacher after class. Subhan Allah. Insha Allah all the youth who came also benefitted from the event and will try to get out there and be active in whichever manner they can be.

You're probably wondering why I keep calling it "the event," rather than outright calling it by its name. Well, although I realize that this is a public blog, I don't want the people from my area to find my blog and read it. Although it's a public blog, I sometimes write things on it that are very personal, things that I don't want people from my area to read or know about me.

I used to think it was so weird having a blog. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to even write things so personal about themselves online and then why others would even want to read anything they posted. Well, that was before I met all of you cool Muslims out there in Blogistan...masha Allah you all inspire me and know how to cheer me up when I'm down.

I listened to Dawud Wharnsby Ali's tape on the way to school this morning and couldn't help but sing along despite my cold and hacking cough. I love that song about tea and the mother passing away (I forgot the title) and also Beat the Drums (I think that's what it's called). I kept playing them over and over.

We now interrupt the regularly scheduled program for more weird/funny stories....

You know things have become just plain ridiculous when you see bumper stickers on cars that say, "Sponge Bob for Governor." I bet he'd beat Ahhhnold though!

Last week on my wayto Jummuah salah, I noticed this guy walking toward me and smiling. I had a bad feeling about him, and sure enough, as he walked by he lifted his camera and quickly took a picture of me. I had put my hand up out of instinct and told him not to take a picture of me, but I think he got it anyway. Still smiling, he said sorry and walked away. Man, the nerve! And the weirdest part was that I was so calm about it...like I've become so used to the craziness that is Berkeley that it didn't even surprise me...

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment