User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Wednesday, July 16, 2003 ]

 

You Are Love
You are Love.

You love life, you love all those around you and
the world that you live in. You are happiest
when you are doing something for someone else
or for the common good of mankind.


What Emotion Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Today I was talking to a friend about love and all that crap...well not really, hehehehe, it's not all crap. But anywayz, I was having such a hard time expressing myself. To make a long story short, my point was that to me, someone's physical appearance is not the only thing that makes that person attractive. Take a "hot" guy (Am I the only one who thinks it's weird saying that?) for example. He may have the greatest looks, but unless he has a beautiful personality to go with it, he comes across as a jerk or his looks just get old. Take another guy who maybe isn't "all that" in terms of looks. As long as he's got a nice personality, he's got what it takes to be a "beautiful" person. To me, personality is really what makes or breaks a person. Maybe that's weird, but that's just me. Not to say that physical appearance doesn't mean anything to me, because it does, but a guy's got to be beautiful on the inside for it to show on the outside.

And since I'm on the topic of love, I'd just like to say that I'd want a very small wedding, for which my dad wouldn't have to borrow money (It's not sunnah to borrow money to pay for a wedding...I can't remember whether it's maqruh or not, but it's not good). I'd only invite my relatives, since they're family, and a few friends. The food would be delicious, but it wouldn't be overdone and wasted. There wouldn't be music (only anasheed!), and the wedding would be a one-day ceremony. I'd get to speak for myself at the time of the nikah, instead of my dad saying that I agree to the marriage. I would wear hijab throughout the whole wedding. There wouldn't be any of those dumb cultural practices like mehndi/oil/clothes traditions where there's mixing between the sexes. The wedding would take place here, in America, rather than in our vollage in Pakistan. We'd rent a place and it would be nicely decorated with flowers. Yeah, I think that's about it for now. I don't think any of the things I want are going to happen though (except for the bit about the nikah). The scary part is that I'll most likely get married when I graduate from Cal in 4-5 years. Usually that would seem like ages away, but high school sure went by fast! Anyway, whatever, only what Allah wills will happen so there's no use worrying about it all.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment