User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Tuesday, June 03, 2003 ]

 

I know I�ve been pretty bad about blogging lately�I just don�t want to update unless I have something intelligent or interesting to say. Nothing much has been going on.

School will be over in 1.5 weeks! At some times it feels like the time is flying by, but other times it seems like it�s just crawling until graduation. Insha Allah, next Friday, we will all graduate. Mr. Lickiss (the principal) and Mr. Robbins (the �Dean,� or as he likes to call himself, �Uncle Jimmy�) came into our English class today to tell us about Baccalaureate and Graduation. I�m in the first row at graduation b/c alhamdulillah I�m a life member of CSF (California Scholarship Federation-Honor roll type thing) and I�m one of the commencement speakers. So that means I won�t have trouble seeing�sometimes it�s really difficult being short, but it has it�s advantages(I'll have to post about that sometime)! Anyway, the finalized graduation speech is due tomorrow, and I�m almost finished with it. I read Parisa�s Baccalaureate speech and masha Allah it�s really well written. I could just visualize her up there. : ) The graduation program was organized to have me as the first student speaker, but I had it changed so that I�ll speak second. I think Dan�s speech is more geared toward the community, and my speech is more focused on a more global level, so it works better with me speaking second.

I sent out about half of my graduation invitations today, and I�m still waiting on getting the addresses for the other half. The invitations look really elegant, which is awesome considering that I just bought stationary and printed everything on the cards and envelopes. The invitations are white with gold border designs, and I scanned my senior portrait onto them. I even got special gold labels and printed my return address on them. They match the cards! Yay!

Man, it�s going to be tough finding seating at graduation, but I�m trying hard not to think about that right now. Graduation starts at 7 pm, but some people save their spots in the bleachers as early as 2 pm, because there just isn�t enough room for everyone on the football field. It sucks, but that�s where graduation takes place every year.

I�m almost done with my self-portrait. I just need to work a little more color into the background. I�d like to show it on my blog, but I don�t know how to do the right-click disable thing�I don�t want to have it copied over the internet. Can anyone help me with that?

What else? Well, man, you all must be really bored by now. Oh, I just remembered something funny�

Helen and Jacky went to their last meeting/picnic and apparently they told this guy about me. They had invited me to come to the picnic and have ice cream, but I had a meeting to go to instead. Anyway, they told this guy about how both of us have so much in common: we�re both Muslims (I guess�he�s Middle Eastern), we both love art, and we�re both going in Pre-med to Cal in the Fall. Jacky even told him to join the MSA, so that we�d get to know each other! I was like *OMA* (to steal Sana�s pet phrase), the MSA is not a meeting/dating type of thing. They said that the guy blushed and got all embarrassed. Man, I couldn�t believe that they did that! I know people generally complain about overbearing aunties, but who needs them when you�ve got two match-making friends! It�s kind of freaky, but funny at the same time. Helen was like, �I�m more excited than you are.� Yeah. Well, that�s definitely not the way I want to go. As Apaji says, �Boys are a no-no.� I�ve gone through my whole junior high and high school without going to dances and dating�I�m not about to start now, even if he is cute and apparently has hazel eyes. I just can�t believe that Helen and Jacky did that! I mean, how long have they known me?!?! Oh well, it�s one of those things that is so not my type of thing, so it just makes me laugh. I mean, can anyone ever picture me dating!?!?

Anywayz, that�s my drama of the day�

Oh, and I dropped a whole glass bottle of acrylic paint in art. Miraculously, no paint got on my clothes, which is great becasue acrylic paint doesn't come off from clothing. Thank you Lizzie for helping me clean up the glass and paint! Yay, Ms. Converse is happy with my artwork! : )

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment