User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Monday, May 05, 2003 ]

 

Killer AP...more like...Kill the APs!

Salaams everyone!

Man, I feel like I haven't taken a break in ages!

Friday night was the 2nd Annual Sisters� Talent Night at DeAnza College in Cupertino. It wasn�t as much fun as last year�s show. I guess a lot of the people who had participated last year were busy studying or participating in college cultural shows. Last year, the groups had even had their clothes specially made to match. You could tell that a lot of time and effort had been put into it then�well, I guess the sisters worked hard this time too. The event did start a whole hour late though, and the singers weren�t that great (except for Seher�masha Allah she did an awesome job!). The funny thing is that there was an after-party thing�it�s funny seeing hijabis act like they�re clubin�.

On Sunday, I went to UCB w/ my dad for my Cal MSA interview. For the first time, the Cal MSA is giving out two $500 scholarships: one for a bro and one for a sis. Apparently, there are 12 applicants. Bro Usman and sis Aabroo, who are in the community service committee, interviewed me. It felt so formal�but alhamdulillah I answered their questions pretty well. I think they were amazed at all the clubs/extra curricular activities I�m in; shoot, I sometimes wonder how I�m not already insane! Anywayz, Daddy and I went out to lunch later and it was really nice�I love bonding sessions like that!

Yesterday was the Sun Valley awards and reception thing. My artwork didn't win anything, so I was kind of bummed. I know it's dumb, but I guess I had gotten myself all psyched up to win at least an honorable mention, and when I didn't, it was such a let down. After all, this is my 3rd year associated w/ the Sun Valley thing, and the second year I've submitted something. Some of the pieces that won were really not that impressive. Anywayz�Angela won for the second year in a row. She got $600.

I also went to another Calc study session on Sunday. Mrs. Horton is such a nice teacher that she spends her lunch, prep, and after shool time to help us Calc students. I seriously can't think of any teacher who would be so committed to her students that she'd come on a weekend to tutor her AP students. Especially in these times (see Apaji's 5/4 post on the budget crisis). Mrs. Horton is one of my most favoritest teachers! Plus she's also a chocolate lover! Beat that!

I had to be at school at 7:30 am today. I think I did pretty badly on the English Lit AP exam. We had an hour to read passages and answer 55 multiple choice questions (worth 45%), a 10 min. break, and then 2 hours to read 2 passages and write 3 essays. I'm pretty confident about the mult. choice, but man, my essays sucked! I normally write pretty decent essays, but I don't know what happened...I just blanked. I didn't understand the passages or the questions. So bad. : ( Everyone else seemed so confident and thought they did so well. Mrs. Epley kept telling us that she'd bring us food for the break...I was expecting chocolate and instead there were bagels and oranges. Healthy food. Ok, I know I should be grateful, so I'll shut up now.

I weighed myself and I gained a couple of pounds. It must be from all my studying�whenever I get stressed or upset, I tend to overeat. I need to cut down on the chocolate (so hard for me!).

I was bummed when I came home, but I got some great mail! I found out that I am one of the $2000 Rossmoor scholarship awardees. Man, I had stressed over that interview so much (see my 3/25 post)! Alhamdulillah, whenever I�m feeling down, Allah makes things better for me. I should really count my blessings.

I�m sorry that this post isn�t really introspective or interesting like other people�s cool posts, but I need to focus on my other AP exams coming up. Please remember me in your duas.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment