[ Thursday, April 24, 2003 ]
As salaam u alaikum everyone
I haven't posted in a while since I don't seem to have anything really interesting to post about.
I've been trying to study for the AP (advanced prep) exams, which are in less than 2 weeks. I'm taking the Calc AB, Lit., and Art exams. Well, the art isn't really an exam, but we have to put together a super awesome portfolio and do a small write-up on it. I don't even know how to study for the Lit exam, so there's no use stressing over it. I'm pretty worried about the Calc exam, though, b/c although I've been doing very well in the class throughout the year, I just don't understand the prep stuff. I barely got a 3 on the practice test.
I still need to write that dreaded graduation speech.
Anyway, I volunteered at Kaiser Hospital again yesterday. Gina and I talked about Islam, Christianity, and the whole war situation. The way she explained the whole trinity belief is that it's like water, vapor, and ice: The father, son (Jesus), and holy spirit are all God in different forms. Interesting b/c I hadn't heard that explanation before. Apparently, Christians believe that no matter how bad one is during his lifetime (e.g. committing murder, sins, etc.), as long as at some point in his life he believes that Jesus is his savior and died on the cross to make up for everyone's sins, he will be accepted into Heaven. And Heaven and Hell are described in terms of whether or not one is in God's presence.
I have an interview tonight for the Cal Alumni Leadership scholarship. I really hope that insha Allah I get it. It'd be a nice $1000 to help me w/ buying books for college. Please do dua for me.
The car is still making annoying and embarrassing squealing noises.
I guess I just don't have much to talk about right now. I'll post when I have something to say. Fi aman Allah!
"Educate a man and you educate one person; Educate a woman and you educate and liberate an entire generation!" - Malik al-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment