[ Thursday, March 06, 2003 ]
Wow! Your guys's dua must've really worked b/c alhamdulillah I'm going to be one of the two graduation speakers! Now the pressures on to come up w/ an interesting, funny, creative speech.....
I participated in the nationwide walkout yesterday. Yep, I now have a cut from school. : ) We met in the rally at school and then had to pass the administrators (w/ their frowns and arms crossed) and the police as we left school. The school had notified the police, so we had a whole bunch of police escorts "for our protection." Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. There weren't that many of us b/c people just didn't know about it. Gotta work on that next time (I hope it won't come to that though)...There were only about 45 of us who took BART and others drove to Berekeley. Of those of us who took BART, half of us marched through downtown Walnut Creek (including me!) holding a huge banner. Lots of people honked and gave us thumbs-up signs. : ) Channel 7 ABC news was following us and they filmed us and got some soundbites (but they're poo--they showed other students on the news later, but not us). We went to UC Berkeley, but there wasn't too much action there. Things were just too disorganized. Most of the action was at SF, and I wish that we had just gone there. Well, now we know....It was a really cool experience though...Daddy totally supported me, as long as I was willing to take the consequences (the cut from school and possibly Saturday school). Hehe, according to the lady in the attendance office this morning, 241 calls were made to homes last night about students cutting (obviously, not all of them participated in the protest), and the administration doesn't know what to do about it. I think that they're probably not going to give us all Saturday school...and if they do, it'll just give me 3 hours of quiet time to study.
Anyway...so that's it for now.
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment