User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Saturday, March 15, 2003 ]

 

Davis here I come!....errrrr, wait a minute.

Alhamdulillah I got my acceptance packet from UC Davis today in the mail. I had received an email from them earlier, but I didn't want to open it b/c I wanted to have the surprise of getting something in the mail. I guess I already knew that I would get into Davis, but then again, you never really know...so now I'm relieved. If Berkeley doesn't accept me, at least now I have an university to attend.

Now I just have to wait until the 27th to find out whether or not I got into UC Berkeley. The mail actually comes on the 30th, but I don't think I can wait; I'll probably just check the email. Man, now I'm even more stressed! Helen was telling me about how the UCs have narrowed their acceptance even more now b/c of the budget crisis. She said that UCLA accepted half of the students they did last year, and that acceptance went down from 23% to 9%. That's a major shift! And if UCLA is that bad, well...I don't have much hope for Berkeley. Helen said that Berkeley acceptance will probably be about 6% this year b/c of the budget crisis. Helen's cousin also didn't get accepted to UCLA, and she got a 1470ish on her SAT. I only have a 1350, and Berkeley is even more competitive than UCLA. *Hernf!*

I called Daddy and Apaji as soon as I found out. Daddy already figures that I'll be going to Davis. So aggravating! I told him that it depends on whether or not I get into Berkeley. He said that we'd "talk about it tonight." Now you all know that that's not a good thing...and anyway, I don't have time for drama tonight; I have a Senior Project to write! Which reminds me...I should probably be doing that instead of blogging.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment