User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Thursday, February 13, 2003 ]

 

Woaaahhhh!
I just had one the best Eids ever. For once, we got to spend Eid w/ the Bay Area peeps. : )

We woke up at 5 am to get ready for Eid. Apaji and I got to wear our cool new clothes. Apaji didn't want to match, but I still want to for old time's sake. It's like a tradition. So we compromised and we wore the same style of dress--just different colors and embroidery. Nasser Lalaji had to be annoying and wear old, scrubby clothes (even though he had nice clothes), but whatever--I wasn't about to let it ruin my day or have a fight on Eid. We left home by 7 am and got to SacTown at 8.

We went to the 10 am Eid salah at the V St. masjid w/ Uncle, Ahbid, Navida, and Sidrah. I'm so glad that the girls went w/ us! It made me so happy! Alhamdulillah so many people came to the masjid (even though it was the 2nd shift for salah), but the masjid was so crowded though! And the women wouldn't quiet down so we couldn't hear the speech or the khutbah after salah. And as soon as the pizza came, all the women got crazy. It was seriously a fight to get out of the masjid...so crowded and everyone was pushing and shoving to get to the pizza...you'd think that no one had seen food before. It was raining like crazy.

When we got back to Uncle's house, we had pizza for lunch. Then we went over to see Somayya Baji (who was wearing a super cute turquoise dress....majorly cool print). Zarqa was also there and we spent the afternoon watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding (and yes, I could relate to it b/c they totally act like our families).

Apaji and I also went to see Rukhsana Baji's new house. They're currently in the process of redecorating it before they move in. It's a 3 bedroom and 1 bath house. It's really cute and I like it better than their current house. It's really close to the families' houses.

Anyway...to make a long story short...Somayya Baji got permission to spend the night at our house. Nasser Lalaji ended up staying in Sacramento. We stopped by at Zarqa's apartment in Davis--ate cheesecake and popcorn. Then we drove together to Walnut Creek. We got home, ate chicken, and called Daddy in Pakistan.

Then we went to Seher's house. Mojgan and Ayesha were still there. : ) We just talked...man the 7 of us in a room...we were all busting up--we can all be so silly. Faran (Seher's younger bro) was also there--he so cool! Masha Allah he's learning to play the tabla. We ate pizza and yummy ice cream cake. We all spent so long trying to compromise on what to do--go rollerskating, watch a movie, get mediteranean food, go bowling, rent a movie, act crazy and dance to desi music in the blockbuster parking lot (Seher, Zarqa, and Mojgan were all for this one!), etc. It was already about 10 pm when we finally decided that we were stuffed from eating all day, so we walked all the way to Heather Farms. It wasn't too far from Seher's house--but when you're as out of shape as I am and are wearing dress shoes that hurt your feet---it seemed far. Mojgan, Apaji, and I sang anasheed on the way there. I bet if anyone heard us, they'd have thought that we were drunk.

When we got to Heather Farms, we had a contest to see how high we could swing. Although I stared out winning, I think that either Apaji or Mojgan won in the end. After we got tired of swinging, Mojgan and I went through the other fun kids' stuff. It was cool b/c even if we were acting like kids, we all got a chance to have our heart-to-hearts at some point last night. We figured that we should leave before we got tickets for loitering at late hours. Plus we were tired, so we made the long trek back to Seher's house.

We then drove to our house. By then it was probably 11 pm or 12 am. We just chilled...we let our hair down---yes, I finally got to see Mojgan's hair!!! We went through pics that I had been meaning to give to Seher forever. Masha Allah she looked so cute! Yay! So now we've got proof of our history together. Then we all got out the "real" food--chicken and rice w/ meat--along w/ the junk food--ice cream bars, oreos, nachos, soda, chocolate custard cake, etc.

Mojgan had found the fobby desi music by then and was bumpin it. She and Zarqa started dancing....yeah and Mojgan is not even desi man! She could fool me! Ayesha and Mojgan had to leave early though. : ( By then it 1 am and they figured it was getting kind of late.

Somayya Baji tried to teach me how to dance, but it really wasn't working. I dunno, I guess I'm too embarrassed to dance even in front of my family. And plus...I suck...I just can't dance. Anyway, I don't think I'm missing out on much.

Somayya Baji read us her masha Allah super cool new poem...and that started up a whole talent night thing going. Hehe...Somayya Baji's next poem is going to be called "When it Rains, it Pours" and it's dedicated to Zarqa. Seher, Somayya Baji, and Zarqa sang for us...masha Allah they all have beautiful voices and mucho talent. I was trying hard not to fall asleep, but their voices were so soothing, so I finally fell asleep at about 2 am. Apaji was already asleep by then, and apparently Seher and Somayya Baji stayed up for another hour talking.

Poor Apaji, Somayya Baji, and Zarqa--they had to wake up early and drive to UCD in the morning. I had decided yesterday that I didn't want to go to school afterall---I'm behind in my classes, hadn't had a chance to do the hw, hadn't studied for my test, lost my planner, and was just not in the mood for school. I was too tired. Seher and I slept in til 1 pm. We showered and ate some more food--yummy cake for me! We sat around and looked at my family baby pics. Hehe, I showed her Ali's pic when he was like 7 years old. Memories, memories! We were so cute when we were little.

Then I realized that it was 3 pm and I hadn't gone to school to drop off my Rossmoor scholarship application yet, so we did that. Seher got to see LL. It was so weird b/c I realized that I had only been to school 1.5 days this whole week, and I felt like I was visiting school after graduation or something.

We went back to Seher's house and just talked. Faran was also there and we all ate some more pizza and cake. Dude, it's so cool that masha Allah they have such a great relationship. Insha Allah Nasser Lalaji and I will be like that someday.

Anywayz...that was the extent of my Eid. I guess we didn't do anything that special, but it was still way more meaningful for me. We got to spend time w/ both the family and our cool friends. : )



0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment