User-agent: * Disallow: / ~*bean*~

~*bean*~

[ Tuesday, February 18, 2003 ]

 

I had been planning on writing a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg post about my Eid week, but I think I'll pass. If you're that interested, you can read Apaji's blog.

In psychology, we started the developmental psychology unit and we're doing research projects on birth defects. My partner and I chose to research birth defects which occur as a result of the Gulf War. I'm glad that I was firm on that b/c I really want the class to see the terrible effects of the depleted Uranium used during the Gulf War. Imam Zaid Shakir talked a little but about it in his speech on Saturday at the Zaytuna Conference.

Miriam and I looked online at some pictures of babies w/ birth defects.
These pictures are sooooooooooo sad. I mean you see blobs of flesh. Babies are deformed. Their eyes are missing. Their bodies are covered with white substances. Some of them don't even have all of their limbs. With some of the babies, one cannot even tell whether they are male or female. Some babies have two heads. It's just so disturbing. I want my class to be thinking about those children each and every time they hear our government talking about going to war with Iraq. I want all of us to realize what we did to the Iraqis, not just during the Gulf War, but for generations afterwards...to poor, innocent babies.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment