[ Friday, January 24, 2003 ]
Yay!!! Finals are officially over! Alhamdulillah, the Gov't final was majorly easy--Mr. Bremer basically copied and pasted a whole bunch of old test questions to make a final.
Man, I'm so glad I can get finals off my mind now. Yesterday I decided to take a nap. After a couple of hours, Apaji woke me up and I bolted up in bed with a look of horror on my face. Apaji figured I'd probably had a nightmare and she asked me if I was ok. I looked at her and said, "OMG, I forgot to take my final!" For a second, Apaji also thought that maybe I had (b/c I came home so early), but then she realized that I was just out of it, and told me that the final would be tomorrow. I said, "Ooooooooooooh,".........and went back to sleep for two more hours. Dude, that's a nightmare in itself.
Eeeeew, when I went back to school today to drop off my Gov't book, I saw Mr. Robbins talking to someone, and I deliberately cut across the quad area, hoping he wouldn't notice me. Too late though, b/c he called my name and when I turned around, he asked, "How are you, Princess?" Ugh, he called me princess!!!!! He talked to me a little bit about the commencement speaking deal and my grades. At least he was in a hurry, so he didn't go off on any tangents.
If you don't know Mr. Robbins, he's our Senior class dean (as if there even is a such thing in high school). He's quite a character. He has multiple personalities.....seriously. He thinks he's Canadian and swears that he is also British. He has a "British accent," which even people like me can tell is majorly fake. He's lived in California his whole life. He was my teacher for Public Speaking during my sophomore year. We didn't learn much to begin with, and after a semester he suddenly turned the course into a film class. I ended up doing a presentation on all the technical issues of The Truman Show (which was a great movie if you haven't yet seen it). Mr. Robbins likes to read out of the Bible to his class. He also wears extremely tight jeans and t-shirts that show off his biceps (this man is pretty old...he should be fined for the way he dresses). I know this sounds kind of mean, but you really wouldn't understand unless you met him. Yup, he's certainly very
interesting.
0 comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment